A princess dream come true
Hime Lolita is a royal and elegant style that is usually incorporated into Ama and Classic Lolita. The word hime comes from the Japanese word for princess, which is clearly visible in the style. Crowns, pearl jewelery, lace gloves, high heels and Rococo-style dresses are worn to create an air of royality and elegance. Hime Lolita is also one of the few styles where good-quality satin is suitable. Satin was often used by royality in past times to express their wealth.
In recent years the style has gotten more influenced by newer trends, such as Hime Gyaru fashion and the more over the top side of Ama Lolita (also called Kote Lolita).
- The style has an air of royality, elegance and wealth.
- The modern Hime Lolita is influenced by Hime Gyaru fashion, like many other styles.
- Pink is a common color, along with white.
- Prints may include floral patterns, such as roses.
- Clothing is often Rococo-inspired, and decorated with lace, frills and bows.
- Headwear includes tiaras, crowns and rose corsages.
- It's common to wear no blouse, or a blouse with long flared sleeves.
- Skirt length is usually kneelength, or longer.
- The panniers used can be both cupcake and A-line shaped.
- Lace tights/socks are most popular with Hime style.
- Accessories include pearl chokers, pearl bracelets, lace/satin gloves and princess wands.
- Shoes are usually any high-heeled Lolita shoe, preferably decorated with pearls. Some Hime Gyaru shoes are popular.
- Bags are often fairly plain-looking, decorated with pearls and ribbons.
Makeup & Hair
- Extravagant updos, elegant curly hairstyles, a traditional Hime-cut or Hime Gyaru-inspired hairstyles.
- Makeup ranges from light to heavy.
- Light or dark-colored eyeshadow.
- Dark eyeliner.
- Red or pink blush.
- Lipstick/lipgloss is often used in a soft pink color.
- If desired, fake eyelashes can be put on to achieve a doll look.
- It is also common to use special contacts called circle lenses to achieve said above look.
Note: Of course, these are just simple occurrences that are commonly seen within this style. They are no absolute rules of any kind. Be creative and experiment!
Hime Lolita coordinations can be arranged with items from most stores. Angelic Pretty is very suitable, due to their over the top style. Baby the Stars Shine Bright releases many Rococo-themed dresses, for a more elegant classic style, and Metamorphose creates many crown-print and floral items. Classic brands such as Juliette et Justine may also be good to check out, as they have a generally more western royality feel to their clothing.
To see more available stores for clothes, click here.