When you want to take a break from being OTT
Casual Lolita is, as the name implies, a more casual and toned down style suited for everyday wear. It's perfect for new Lolitas, as the coordinates are fairly simple, usually with a headbow, print t-shirt/cutsew, Lolita skirt, socks and Mary Janes. Mixing non-Lolita brand items with Lolita brand items is common. The importance of using a pannier is also not as overwhelming as with the other styles.
Depending on which Lolita style you prefer, the casual adaptions will look different. Two very popular brands for creating the Casual Lolita look are Jane Marple and Emily Temple Cute, as their items are cute, but also toned down compared to standard Lolita items.
- The style is casual, and cute.
- Your inspiration is Alice Deco à la Mode and Kera.
- Casual adaptions will look different depending on which Lolita style it's based on (Ama, Gothic, Classic, etc).
- The color scheme range from neutral shades to pastels.
- Small amounts of lace, frills and ribbons.
- Non-Lolita brand clothing is very often coordinated into this style.
- Headdresses include style-specific ones, but are kept simple.
- Simple cardigans are worn, often decorated with ribbons or small amounts of lace.
- Simple cutsews and t-shirts, sometimes with a Lolita-related print.
- Items such as turtleneck sweaters can easily be incorporated for a classy feeling.
- Skirts are simple with frills, or a specific print to make the outfit pop.
- Skirt length is standard knee-length to shorter skirts.
- The Lolita silhouette is normally kept by a pannier, but is not always a priority.
- Knee/overknee socks, or tights.
- Simple Mary Janes or suitable non-Lolita shoes.
- Accessories include style-specific ones, but are kept simple.
- Bags are usually kept simple, often adorned with a ribbon.
Makeup & Hair
- Usually simple hairstyles, normally no wigs.
- Eyeliner if desired.
- Eyeshadow if desired.
- Red or pink blush.
- Lipgloss/lipstick in red and pink hues.
Note: Of course, these are just simple occurrences that are commonly seen within this style. They are no absolute rules of any kind. Be creative and experiment!
Below is a list of popular brands that carries items suitable for Casual Lolita.
- Jane Marple
- Emily Temple Cute
- Angelic Pretty
- Baby the Stars Shine Bright
- Metamorphose temps de fille
To see more available stores for clothes, click here.